Hiring Organization / Company: U.s. District Court - Western Texas
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
The U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas is looking for highly motivated, responsible, detail-oriented individuals for temporary positions. These positions are full-time and expected to go through January 30, 2022. Administrative Support Clerks perform a variety of administrative tasks to support judges, court executives, and other staff, including:
Administrative duties such as:
- Data entry
- Proofing Excel and PDF Documents
Relocation Assistance, such as:
- Packing boxes
- Moving office items
- Organization of files
- All other duties as assigned
- Excellent customer service skills
- Great communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to practice tact and patience
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficient data entry skills
- Basic math and recording abilities
- Keen eye for detail
- Good physical condition with the ability to lift at least 25 lbs.
- High school diploma
Qualified candidates may apply by submitting a letter of interest (include job title/number listed above), resume, e-mail address, and a daytime phone number to: www.txwd.uscourts.gov > Court Info > Jobs > Current Employment Opportunities & Online Application.
The Court is not authorized to reimburse travel expenses for interviews or relocation. This position is subject to mandatory electronic direct deposit of salary payments. Please note the final candidates will undergo a credit, fingerprint, and background check.
APPLICANT REQUIREMENTS AND CONDITIONS:
- The applicant must be a U.S. citizen or be a lawful permanent resident (i.e., green card holder) and seek U.S. citizenship.
- If a similar position becomes vacant within a reasonable time of the original announcement, the court agency may select a candidate without re-posting the job.
- Applicants scheduled to interview should advise the Human Resources staff if any accommodation is needed.
- All information provided by applicants is subject to verification and background investigation. Applicants are advised that false statements or omission of information on any application materials may be grounds for non-selection, withdrawal of an offer of employment, or dismissal after being employed.
- The Court reserves the right to modify the conditions or withdraw a job announcement without notice.
- Employees of the U.S. Courts serve under “Excepted Appointments” and are considered “at-will” employees (except for probation officers who may be removed for cause).
- The selected candidate will be subject to a probationary period. During the probationary period, an employee may be dismissed without the right to appeal.
- All employees must adhere to the Code of Conduct for Judicial Employees (available for review upon request).
- Other conditions not listed above may be applicable.
- Retirement - Basic Benefit (FERS employees) varies by type of FERS employee
- Thrift Savings Plan - Automatic Contribution 1% of Basic Pay for FERS employees
- Thrift Savings Plan - Employee Matching up to an additional 4% of Basic Pay
- Social Security 6.2% of earnings up to SS Wage Base
Health /Life Insurance
- Health Insurance - Employer pays approximately 72% of FEHB premium
- Life Insurance - FEGLI BASIC option only costs $.075 per every $1,000 of insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Federal Occupational Health - Health Units
- WorkLife Program
Saving for Retirement
Defined Benefit Retirement Program:
- Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS)
- Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) *
- CSRS is only available to employees who were covered under CSRS and subject to CSRS retirement deductions prior to January 1, 1987
Thrift Savings Plan (TSP):
- TSP ROTH Account (after-tax)
- TSP Regular Account (pre-tax)
- TSP Catch Up (employees age 50 or older)
- FERS employees matching
- first 3% contributed, the agency matches dollar for dollar
- next 2% contributed, the agency matches at 50 cent on the dollar
- FERS employees are eligible to receive monthly benefits from the Social Security Administration.
Pre-Tax Flexible Benefit Accounts
- Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Parking Reimbursement Account
- Transit subsidy
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance Coverage for Spouse and Children
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Coverage
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reimbursement for Professional Liability Insurance
- Disability Retirement*
- Full-time and part-time positions*
- Flexible work hours*
- Non-monetary awards*
- Education and Training
- Virtual Learning: Judiciary Online University
- Classroom Training: Federal Judicial Center
- Benefit and Retirement Webinars
- Benefit and Retirement Counseling
- Annual Leave (up to 8 hours per pay period)
- Sick Leave (4 hours per pay period)
- Family Medical Leave
- Leave Transfer Program
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King's, Jr. Birthday
- Presidents Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veteran's Day
- Please Note: benefit availability is based on eligibility
Job Location Information:
City: San Antonio
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately searching for Jobs, you will agree that it is likely one of the hardest jobs these days. Most often, you will have no clue where or what to search for within the job market. The great thing is that you’re not on your own. There are a couple of people in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a business center can be simple if the place to start. Before you begin your job looking procedure, here are tips that can assist you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are an unbelievable and repeatedly overpassed hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms frequently provide crucial coaching, property, and programs for job seekers. These corporations can also be particularly useful for young job seekers or those with little working revel in. A simple Web scan for job firms to your areamust discover where and get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many companies choose to have their positions dispatched by temporal companies. The end goal for that is to economize on consultant benefits like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise give firms the best way of screening candidates. Employment services and products can commonly be a quicker and less daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company might likewise change into into an enduring activity for the individuals who perform smartly all through their running.
3. Free job look services and products
It is a waste of cash while cash is now tight within the first place. After all, the cash you pay for job finding sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to make use of the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.