Hiring Organization / Company: Macy’s
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy’s is also known for giving back to our communities.
The magic of Macy’s ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy’s (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy’s top executives started their careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to grow your career at Macy’s. Macy’s stores are ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy’s is the “Academy” for retail careers.
Store colleague position (whether it’s a seasonal job, part-time retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to launch a career in the world of retail. Many of Macy’s top executives started their careers in part-time retail sales roles, or as recent college graduates into our development programs in the various functions at Macy’s.
The AST’s primary responsibilities are to organize the Store Management Office, execute operational administrative functions, oversee scheduling maintenance, balance the vault and other cash functions daily, distribute reports from My Macy’s Portal to management team, facilitate the screening/hiring process, handle HR functions, and act as the HR liaison for store employees. Performs other duties as assigned.
Macy’s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy’s may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool.
- Coordinate distribution of all incoming communications (including faxes, e-mails, memos, letters, newsletters, and phone calls) whether from customers, employees, management, or the general public
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Macy’s commitment to our customer
- Coordinate all functions of the hiring process including prescreening applicants, correspondence with applicants, and scheduling interviews with store management
- Input employment data in the Job Requisition System and handle all new hire paperwork, orientation, and training sessions
- Balance vault and store checkbook and perform other cash functions on a daily basis
- Act as MST liaison and train colleagues on how to call in repairs
- Complete weekly store newsletter, maintain store bulletin board program, and organize store recognition allies
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years related experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting and constant communication with customers and colleagues
- Requires working with multiple computer screens and programs simultaneously for extended periods of time.?
- Occasionally required to move/reach, stoop, kneel and crouch
- Frequently lift/move up to 10lbs
Candidates in Colorado: Click here to find Pay Range information and here to learn about Benefits.
Job Location Information:
City: San Antonio
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Date Posted: 2021-07-22
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about looking for Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is likely one of the hardest jobs at the moment. Typically, you are going to haven’t any clue the place or what to search for in the job market. The great factor is that you are not alone. There are a few other people in the market who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a industrial center can also be simple if you know the place to start. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed below are pointers to help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are an improbable and frequently lost sight of hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms repeatedly provide essential coaching, belongings, and methods for task seekers. Those companies will also be particularly useful for young job seekers or the ones with little working enjoy. A simple Web test for job firms for your areamust uncover where and the best way to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many companies make a choice to have their positions dispatched through temporal agencies. The tip purpose for that may be to save money on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise give corporations the way of screening candidates. Employment services and products can regularly be a sooner and not more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise become into a long-lasting process for the individuals who carry out neatly throughout their running.
3. Free job look services
This can be a waste of money whilst money is now tight within the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job searching websites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.