Hiring Organization / Company: Idea Public Schools
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA’s co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Tampa Bay, FL (2021), Jacksonville, FL (2022), and Cincinnati, OH (2022)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video.
About San Antonio
IDEA Science teachers are responsible for ensuring that every IDEA student masters the academic and social skills necessary to succeed in college, while also embodying IDEA’s values daily. IDEA Science teachers set ambitious goals for student achievement and diligently track student data to inform dynamic and effective daily lesson plans. IDEA Science teachers seek feedback and continue to develop their teaching practice to better serve IDEA students. We strive to accomplish goal in two ways: by giving students the chance to experience rigorous and challenging material in high school and by giving them the opportunity to gain college-credit through dual-enrollment, AP, or IB courses.
- Implement state learning standards and IDEA curricula and assessments to meet ambitious academic expectations
- Learn, master, and deliver content and grade level curriculum, core content objectives, and texts
- Submit weekly lesson plans two weeks in advance for feedback
- Implement formal and informal assessments to track each individual student’s progress and learning needs, adjust lesson plans accordingly and update gradebook weekly
- Communicate students’ progress with student and family on a weekly basis
- Effective facilitation and personal use of technology as a communication and educational tool to improve student achievement and manage work related tasks.
- Implement a clear and consistent behavior management system that aligns to campus- wide initiatives while developing students’ character and sense of community in the classroom
- Help shape and develop a school wide culture that fosters a productive and enthusiastic learning environment for each student
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with students and families based on trust, understanding and respect for the communities in which they identify.
- Host necessary tutoring sessions to meet all students’ needs
- Participate in weekly manager check-ins, grade-level meetings, before and after-school duties, and school wide meetings and functions
- Engage in summer and year-long district, school and personal learning and development
- Minimum of 40+ hours spent at school per week
- Additional responsibilities may include: after-school tutoring or Saturday school and are based on the needs of our scholars
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year educational institution
- Experience: Experience in a classroom setting preferred
- Licenses or Certifications: State certification preferred but not required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Aligned or relevant coursework that indicates experience or exposure to upper level Science content
- Knowledge of core academic subject assigned and ability to pass a grade level aligned IDEA content assessment
- Basic knowledge of curricula and instructional practices or implementation
- Ability to instruct students and manage student behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adjust and adapt to a multitude of situations in the school environment
- Click here for the Teacher Salary Schedule.
- This role is also eligible for various stipend opportunities and incentives through our Teacher Career Pathway. For more information about our total rewards, visit our benefits page.
- Additional hourly compensation is provided for after school tutoring or Saturday school as assigned
Job Location Information:
City: San Antonio
Location: San Antonio, Tx 78220
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about in search of Jobs, you are going to agree that it is among the toughest jobs this present day. Normally, you’ll have no clue where or what to look for within the job market. The great thing is that you’re not on your own. There are a couple of people out there who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center may also be simple if you understand where to start out. Before you start your job searching procedure, here are tips to help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are a fantastic and commonly overlooked hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms recurrently supply very important coaching, belongings, and systems for activity seekers. Those firms can be particularly useful for younger job seekers or the ones with little working experience. A easy Internet experiment for job firms for your areamust discover where and the right way to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many firms choose to have their positions dispatched through temporal companies. The top objective for that may be to economize on consultant benefits like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise supply corporations the best way of screening applicants. Employment services can frequently be a sooner and no more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company might likewise change into into an enduring process for the people who carry out neatly throughout their working.
3. Free job look services
This is a waste of money whilst cash is now tight within the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It’s smarter to use the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.