Hiring Organization / Company: Idea Public Schools
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that’s 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA’s co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Tampa Bay, FL (2021), and Jacksonville, FL (2022)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video.
About San Antonio
San Antonio is the nation’s 7th largest city and boasts the highest rate of population growth across the U.S. As the San Antonio region continues to grow rapidly, IDEA is committed to increasing our community presence to provide the best educational experience for all families and children.
In May 2019, we welcomed our region’s first graduating seniors. We believe through the hard work of our passionate IDEA Team & Family; college acceptance and matriculation can be realized. Currently, 1 in 6 San Antonio students' graduate college ready. Changing this statistic for the better is part of the promise IDEA makes to current and incoming students.
Join our IDEA San Antonio family as we are poised to serve over 20,000 students at 30 schools in the region by 2022.
Role Mission: The Cafeteria Manager leads the CNP team at the campus level on our mission in becoming one of the healthiest school districts in the nation. They adhere to the food and nutrition standards set forth by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA). They assign duties and tasks to the rest of the team so appropriate quantities of food are ordered, prepared, and served according to the school’s meal schedules. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to: implementing IDEA’s Wellness Policy, monitoring the financial health of their cafeteria operation and following all state & local health food establishment codes, and coordinating with campus leaders in making College For All a reality.
- Meet the campus fund balance goal by June 30 while maintaining menu compliance (prorated per semester).
- Direct the team to execute the menu 100% every day and as posted on our website
- Develop Cafeteria Asst. Manager in procedures for placing food orders with 100% accuracy as to execute the menu
- Ensure every student takes a minimum of 3 out of 5 meal components for breakfast and lunch
- Prepare a Food Production Record as per state compliance (daily)
- Implement measures of inventory control, such as locking dry storage, double checking invoices against physical order, portion control per serving
- Understand the monthly financial report (CNP Budget Tracker) and make sure to target 40% Food Cost and 25% Payroll Cost
- Train the team to limit waste due to overproduction of food, limit 5% of total food produced daily
- Maintain an 85% (or higher) employee retention rate for the cafeteria team.
- Recruit top notch candidates from the area while ensuring we extend the best pay possible
- Hold weekly employee huddles; topics vary between operations and nutritional matters
- Review and submit employee’s timesheets every Tuesday so employees are paid accurately every 2 weeks
- Use the Staff Development Cycle to provide formal, timely and appropriate feedback on individual work performance and growth opportunities
- Ensure 80% breakfast and 85% lunch student participation in our meal program.
- Ensure breakfast is delivered on time and the serving line is ready and fully stocked for all lunch meal periods
- Conduct and coordinate Breakfast in the Class audits (weekly) with a target compliance accuracy of 100%
- Prepare all recipes as designed by HQ CNP and report recipe/menu errors to the Nutrition Team immediately
- Use campus parent functions (i.e. report card night, ) to speak to parents about the advantages of participating in our meal program
- Complete food production records daily
- Collect 99% of Free and Reduced Meals (FARM) applications and process for new students by first day of school, returning students by September 15.
- Communicate to all parents in how the FARM applications can be accessed during campus new student registration event
- Mail applications to all households by first week in July
- Use phone calls, voice messenger and email to follow up with households that have not submitted a meal application by August 1
- Escalate collection process to “house visits” on weekend before first day of school
- Reach 95% collection of negative meal balances by last day of school.
- Direct the Cafeteria Asst. Manager to call weekly; a call log must be kept
- Use campus voice messenger system to inform parents of their negative balance
- Use report card night to collect said balances (cash, check, credit card) and inform parents on the benefits of School Cafe to pay their meal balance
- Possible implementation of the “courtesy meal” program (as last resort) to collect meal balances; balance threshold established by said campus leaders
- We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Education: High school diploma required, some college preferred
- 2+ years in school food service or restaurant related
- 1+ years having worked in a supervisory roll or leading a team
Licenses or Certifications:
- Valid Texas driver's license
- Valid Food Handler's card
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to motivate, delegate, and lead a team to accomplish goals
- Good mathematical skills; must be able to compute rate, ratio, percent, and interpret graphic data
- Computer skills with a focus on MS Word, MS Outlook, and MS Excel
- Knowledge of methods, materials, equipment, and processes used in food production
- Proficiency in use of calculator and office machines
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Public speaking or conducting daily, weekly, or monthly meetings
Salaries for this role typically fall between $19.73-$24.66 , commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment.
Job Location Information:
City: San Antonio
Location: San Antonio, Tx 78221
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about searching for Jobs, you’ll agree that it is one of the hardest jobs at the present time. Most often, you are going to haven’t any clue where or what to search for within the job market. The great factor is that you’re not alone. There are several folks available in the market who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a business center can be easy if the place to start out. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed here are pointers to help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are a fantastic and repeatedly overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms commonly supply very important training, assets, and methods for activity seekers. These firms can also be in particular helpful for younger job seekers or those with little running revel in. A easy Web test for job firms to your areamust discover where and methods to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations select to have their positions dispatched via temporal agencies. The tip purpose for that is to save cash on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise provide companies the way in which of screening applicants. Employment services and products can regularly be a faster and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company may likewise turn out to be into a long lasting process for the individuals who perform neatly all the way through their operating.
3. Free job look services
This can be a waste of cash when cash is now tight in the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job finding sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.