Hiring Organization / Company: North East Independent School District
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
High School Diploma or Equivalent
One year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Supervises, trains, and manages the food service operations in the elementary school cafeteria. Prepares food in a safe and sanitary manner that meets the federal, state, and local guidelines of the Child Nutrition Program.
1. Determines the necessary amount of food to prepare each day.
2. Places food orders with warehouse and vendors on a timely basis.
3. Maintains all required food production and financial records.
4. Trains personnel in job responsibilities of the cafeteria.
5. Develops work rotation schedules for employees.
6. Communicates with principals, teachers, and parents about cafeteria operation.
7. Communicates with School Nutrition Services on food product performance and acceptability.
8. Ensures that food is prepared, served, and stored in accordance with sanitation standards.
9. Evaluates and directs performance of school cafeteria personnel and makes recommendations for growth.
10. Complies with all regulations governing the Child Nutrition Program.
11. Receives funds and maintains accurate financial records of students’ meal accounts.
12. Works cooperatively with all cafeteria personnel.
13. Attends managers meetings and other departmental training activities.
14. Maintains confidentiality of information.
15. Reports to work on time every day.
16. Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment physical examination to include alcohol and drug testing
- Knowledge of institutional or commercial food service management procedures and practices
- Knowledge of food and nutritional values, and appropriate menu substitutions
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements applicable to a large food service operation
- Effective planning and organizational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain and prepare a variety of operating and general records
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to distinguish between food ingredients with ability to read and understand label information
- Ability to supervise the work of others
- Ability to make appropriate and timely decisions
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, coworkers, and other employees of the District in the English language
Job Location Information:
City: San Antonio
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately in search of Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is among the hardest jobs this present day. Normally, you will don’t have any clue where or what to look for within the job market. The good thing is that you’re not by yourself. There are several people available in the market who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a business center may also be simple if you recognize the place to start out. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed here are tips that will help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job companies are an improbable and usually overlooked hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms recurrently supply crucial training, belongings, and programs for job seekers. These firms will also be in particular useful for young job seekers or those with little working enjoy. A easy Internet scan for job firms in your areamust uncover the place and find out how to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations make a selection to have their positions dispatched via temporal companies. The tip function for that may be to save money on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise supply firms the way of screening candidates. Employment products and services can usually be a sooner and not more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company may likewise develop into into a long-lasting job for the individuals who perform smartly all over their working.
3. Free job look services
This is a waste of cash whilst money is now tight in the first place. In fact, the cash you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It is smarter to make use of the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.