Hiring Organization / Company: Idea Public Schools
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that’s 3 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA’s co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Tampa Bay, FL (2021), and Jacksonville, FL (2022)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video.
Role Mission: IDEA’s Director of Procurement provides and leads the organization’s procurement process as outlined by TEA. The Director of Procurement manages the purchasing department staff that facilitate the RFP/Bid process, manage contracts, approve requisitions and is responsible for providing support to all financial management users related to the procurement process. The Director of Procurement sets clear expectations for the entire organization’s procurement process and is committed to continuously improve processes to support and advance the goals of IDEA Public Schools. The vision of the Director of Procurement is to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction by facilitating the efficient acquisition of goods and services while keeping in compliance with policy and procedures.
Drive talent of the Purchasing staff to accomplish 100% of daily/monthly goals
- 99% of requisitions approved in 2 business days
- 98% of purchase orders closed within 45 days of purchase order date
- 98% of purchase orders fully received within 30 calendar days of purchase order date
- Ensure Purchasing staff review all requisitions for 100% account code accuracy as per TEA’s Financial Accountability Systems Resource Guide
- Provide requisition throughput and processing statistics by 10th business day each month to the Managing Director of Procurement
- Ensure the percentage of invoices received without purchase order that should have a purchase order is below 1%
- Provide follow up for frequent offenders possibly via conference call or onsite training to “close the procurement gap”
- Provide statistics for Business Office PTG dashboard by the 15th business day each month
- Organize and develop tracking data on all awarded RFP/Bids
- Participate in weekly check-ins with Managing Director of Procurement on PTG trends and strategy for improvements
- Strive for culture of continuous improvement through check ins, tactical meetings, step backs, PTG’s and conferences
- Develop 90% of A players (Talent Review classifications) within the Purchasing requisitions staff
Vendor Maintenance and Compliance
- 100% of all vendors have CIQ, SB9, gov and W9 information in MUNIS
- 100% of vendors are coded correctly for 1099 status
- Ensure new vendors are added to MUNIS within 1 business day of request
- Ensure TIN # matching is verified with IRS
- Process 100% of 1099’s and mail out to vendors in January
- File 100% of 1099’s with the IRS by January 31
- Correct 99% of any 1099 errors indicated by the IRS within 3 months of notice
- Conduct biannual vendor maintenance of cleanup in MUNIS to inactivate vendors, as needed
100% of campus and HQ business clerks onboarded and trained on the procurement process within 2 weeks of hire
- Conduct onboarding of new business clerks and financial management users within 2 weeks of being hired on the RFP/Bid process, contract execution, and requisition processes
- Provide continuous improvement sessions by gathering trend data for financial manager quarterly trainings and summer institute
- Participate in weekly financial management users conference call to discuss trends and compliance and communicate 100% of policy changes and updates
- Take an active leadership role in Beginning of Year committee and attend 100% of all meetings
- Maintain communication with other campus/department managers around contract execution and the RFP/Bid process
100% compliance with applicable state/federal laws, regulation, and local policies and procedures
- Ensure 100% State and Federal grant-related and public works contracts are in compliance
- Comply 100% with Financial Accountability System Resource Guide
- Ensure no vendor relations are entered into with vendors whom have been debarred
- Negotiate contracts, pricing, and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities towards savings by utilizing negotiation and procurement best practices in line with internal policy
- Attend Region One and TASBO trainings on new laws and regulations concerning procurement
- Update purchasing policy and procedures manual on a quarterly basis or as laws change
- Update forms on department website (HUB) for internal use quarterly or as regulations or local policies change
End of Year Process
- Draft end of year memos pertaining to requisition cut off dates
- Ensure that 100% of purchase orders are received and closed out by fiscal year end date of June 30
- Prepare purchase order roll over letter for campuses and departments, if needed, by August 30th
Live values of IDEA
- Believes and is committed to our mission: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Is driven by outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- Embodies IDEA’s core values
- Directly manage Purchasing Clerks, Finance Procurement Analyst and Finance Procurement Specialist
- Problem Solving
- Managing Others to Deliver Results
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience with different IT databases or systems
- Basic understanding of Finance
- Data analysis
- Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong contract review and negotiation skills
- Exhibits and cultivates high customer service centric approach to procurement functions
- Project management and task prioritization principles
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Business or Accounting preferred
Preference given to candidate with the following:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Minimum 3 years professional-level experience in high volume, deadline critical procurement environment, preferably in school
- Experience overseeing transactions and outcomes that are subject to public review and
- Experience managing multiple priorities and multiple non-exempt
- Substantive track record of adding value in previous
- Preference given to candidate with the following:
- Manage and develop non-exempt procurement personnel
- Implement policies and procedures
- Provide exceptional customer service and training to end users
- Communicate clearly and articulate system and financial information to internal and external stakeholders
- Evaluate and develop data, and recommend improvement procedures
- Prepare reports and analysis for senior management
- Work with numbers in an accurate and rapid manner
Compensation: Salaries for people entering this role typically start between $ $82,000 and $100,900, commensurate with relevant qualifications and experience. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organization goal attainment
Job Location Information:
City: San Antonio
Location: San Antonio, Tx 78216
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about searching for Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is one of the hardest jobs at the moment. Usually, you are going to have no clue the place or what to look for within the job market. The good thing is that you are not by yourself. There are a number of other people in the market who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center may also be easy if you already know where to start out. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed below are guidelines that can assist you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job firms are an implausible and repeatedly overlooked hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms commonly provide vital training, assets, and systems for job seekers. These corporations can be particularly helpful for younger job seekers or those with little working enjoy. A easy Internet experiment for job firms for your areamust uncover the place and the right way to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many firms select to have their positions dispatched by means of temporal agencies. The top objective for that is to save money on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise supply companies the way in which of screening candidates. Employment products and services can commonly be a quicker and no more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company may likewise develop into into an enduring activity for the individuals who carry out smartly right through their running.
3. Free job look services and products
It is a waste of cash when cash is now tight in the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job finding sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to use the cash to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.