Hiring Organization / Company: Army Transition Assistant Program
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Army Transition Assistance Program (TAP) exists to provide members of the Armed Forces with the highest quality of services, training, and transition support to make their transition from the military into civilian life a success.
The TAP Education Counselor provides individualized counseling and assistance to all transitioning military and family members related to the Education track curricula. Education counselors organize, promote and support hiring and education events that support transitioning Soldiers and Family members. They also provide training to command/unit leaders on the Education 2-day track.
Place of Duty: Teammate dependent
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, publicize, facilitate, and host Education 2-day Track Seminars utilizing Army provided curricula and
- Ensure that Education workshops include all required content areas, adhere to class size requirements, are offered
with sufficient frequency to minimize wait time, and ensure each student is given the opportunity to complete the on-
line feedback survey prior to the end of the final day of the course.
- Organize, promote and/or support hiring and education events that support transitioning Soldiers and Family members as directed by the Contract Installation Manager (CIM).
- Provide training to command/unit leaders on the Education 2-day Track.
- Learn and use TAP XXI system to assist clients.
- Ensure Education Track participation and Career Readiness Standard deliverables related to the Education workshops are entered into TAPXXI and Defense Military Data Center (DMDC) TAP data collection system.
- Assist clients as needed by monitoring progress and notifying/encouraging completion of products. Assist clients
with college/university application critiques, interview support, etc.
- Refer transitioning personnel to both on-post and off-post service providers.
- Provide instruction to clients on automated tools to include: TAPXXI and Kuder Journey.
- Assist CIM with delivering Commanders reports and notifying clients of eligibility to begin services while also
notifying clients of missed requirements for the Education Track.
- Participate in marketing activities and employment events as directed by the CIM.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 2 years career counseling, education, or related experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer services skills required.
- Applicants must successfully undergo a background investigation (National Agency Check).
- Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Experience with software packages such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in Training and Development, HR Management, Counseling, or related field from an accredited
- In-depth understanding about the Military culture and the Command structure.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting program evaluations and use of customer feedback to improve overall
- Working knowledge of the TAP program.
- Working knowledge of government chain of command and transition policies.
- Working knowledge of change management principles.
- Curriculum development experience.
- Experience working with the military or with the government’s Transition Assistance Program.
San Antonio TX
Job Location Information:
City: San Antonio
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Date Posted: 2021-07-22
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about on the lookout for Jobs, you’ll agree that it is one of the toughest jobs in this day and age. Normally, you will have no clue where or what to search for within the job market. The good thing is that you are not alone. There are a few other people in the market who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a business center can also be simple if you know the place to start. Before you begin your job searching procedure, listed here are pointers that will help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are an unbelievable and usually overlooked hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms regularly provide crucial training, assets, and programs for job seekers. Those firms can be particularly useful for younger job seekers or those with little working revel in. A simple Web scan for job firms to your areaought to uncover the place and how to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many corporations select to have their positions dispatched by temporal companies. The tip function for that is to save money on consultant benefits like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise supply firms the way of screening applicants. Employment services and products can regularly be a faster and not more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company might likewise grow to be into a long-lasting task for the individuals who perform smartly all through their operating.
3. Free job look products and services
This is a waste of cash while money is now tight in the first place. In fact, the cash you pay for job finding sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.