Hiring Organization / Company: Western District Of Texas
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
The Executive Office of the United States District Clerk for the Western District of Texas is currently accepting applications for the position of Financial Specialist.
The financial specialist will primarily perform accounts payable functions for monies disbursed by the Court. Duties include the review, validation, and/or data entry of accounts payable documents related to court operations, as well as Court-appointed attorney and expert service provider vouchers submitted pursuant to the Criminal Justice Act. The financial specialist may also assist in preparing, updating, examining, and analyzing various regular and non-standard reports as requested by the court units, Administrative Office, U.S. Treasury, financial institutions, or other organizations or agencies. Additionally, the incumbent will perform backup accounting tasks and all other duties as assigned. The position involves extensive verbal and written communication with judicial officers, other court agencies, and judicial and clerical staff. This position reports to the Finance & Procurement Manager.
Position requires 3 years of progressively responsible financial experience in a court or corporate setting, including a background in automated accounting, and an understanding of accounting practices and procedures. The candidate must be detail-oriented, highly organized, and have at least an intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word, Windows-based accounting applications, and be highly experienced in working with digital files. Proficient audit, data entry, math, and multi-tasking skills are required to meet deadlines and demands of varying workloads under minimal supervision. The candidate must possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal, a solid work ethic, and the ability to exercise mature judgment. College degree preferred.
Qualified candidates may apply by submitting a cover letter (including job title/number listed above), detailed resume, salary history, e-mail address, and a daytime phone number to: www.txwd.uscourts.gov > Court Info > Jobs > Current Employment Opportunities & Online Application.
APPLICANT REQUIREMENTS AND CONDITIONS:
- All applicants must be a U.S. citizen or must be a lawful permanent resident (i.e., green card holder) and seeking U.S. citizenship.
- If a similar position becomes vacant, within a reasonable time of the original announcement, the court agency may select a candidate without re-posting the job.
- Applicants scheduled to interview should advise the Human Resources staff if any accommodation is needed.
- All information provided by applicants is subject to verification and background investigation. Applicants are advised that false statements or omission of information on any application materials may be grounds for non-selection, withdrawal of an offer of employment, or dismissal after being employed.
- The Court reserves the right to modify the conditions or withdraw a job announcement, without notice.
- Employees of the U.S. Courts serve under "Excepted Appointments" and are considered "at-will" employees (except for probation officers who may be removed for cause).
- The selected candidate will be subject to a one-year probationary period. During the probationary period, an employee may be dismissed without the right to appeal.
- All employees are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct for Judicial Employees (available for review upon request).
- Officer and Officer Assistant positions require pre-employment medical and drug testing. Candidates must be onboard before their 37th birthday.
- Other conditions not listed above may be applicable.
The Court is not authorized to reimburse travel expenses for interviews or relocation.
- Retirement - Basic Benefit (FERS employees) varies by type of FERS employee
- Thrift Savings Plan - Automatic Contribution 1% of Basic Pay for FERS employees
- Thrift Savings Plan - Employee Matching up to an additional 4% of Basic Pay
- Social Security 6.2% of earnings up to SS Wage Base
Health /Life Insurance
- Health Insurance - Employer pays approximately 72% of FEHB premium
- Life Insurance - FEGLI BASIC option only costs $.075 per every $1,000 of insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Federal Occupational Health - Health Units
- WorkLife Program
Saving for Retirement
Defined Benefit Retirement Program:
- Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS)
- Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) *
- CSRS is only available to employees who were covered under CSRS and subject to CSRS retirement deductions prior to January 1, 1987
Thrift Savings Plan (TSP):
- TSP ROTH Account (after-tax)
- TSP Regular Account (pre-tax)
- TSP Catch Up (employees age 50 or older)
- FERS employees matching
- first 3% contributed, the agency matches dollar for dollar
- next 2% contributed, the agency matches at 50 cent on the dollar
- FERS employees are eligible to receive monthly benefits from the Social Security Administration.
Pre-Tax Flexible Benefit Accounts
- Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Parking Reimbursement Account
- Transit subsidy
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance Coverage for Spouse and Children
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Coverage
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reimbursement for Professional Liability Insurance
- Disability Retirement*
- Full-time and part-time positions*
- Flexible work hours*
- Non-monetary awards*
- Education and Training
- Virtual Learning: Judiciary Online University
- Classroom Training: Federal Judicial Center
- Benefit and Retirement Webinars
- Benefit and Retirement Counseling
- Annual Leave (up to 8 hours per pay period)
- Sick Leave (4 hours per pay period)
- Family Medical Leave
- Leave Transfer Program
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King's, Jr. Birthday
- Presidents Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veteran's Day
- Please Note: benefit availability is based on eligibility
Job Location Information:
City: San Antonio
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about on the lookout for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is without doubt one of the toughest jobs at the present time. Usually, you are going to haven’t any clue the place or what to look for in the job market. The great thing is that you are not alone. There are a number of people out there who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a business center may also be easy if you already know the place to start. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed below are pointers to help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job firms are an improbable and recurrently overlooked hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms usually supply essential coaching, assets, and methods for process seekers. Those firms can also be particularly useful for younger job seekers or those with little running revel in. A simple Web experiment for job firms in your areaought to discover the place and how one can get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many companies choose to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal companies. The top purpose for that is to save cash on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise supply firms the way in which of screening applicants. Employment products and services can frequently be a faster and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise become into a long lasting task for the people who carry out neatly all over their working.
3. Free job look products and services
This is a waste of money when cash is now tight in the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job finding sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.