Hiring Organization / Company: Jubilee Academies
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Position Title: Food Service / Cafeteria Attendant
Position Type: Hourly ($15.16 per hour) / Non-Exempt
Position Hours: Full-time; Monday-Friday
Length of Term/Employment: 190 work days / At-will
Reports to: Cafeteria Manager and Campus Principal
Position Mission: The purpose of the Food Service Worker / Cafeteria Attendant was established for the purpose/s of providing support to the food service activities at assigned campuses with specific responsibilities of preparing and serving food items to students and/or school personnel while maintaining high standards of quality in food production, sanitation, and safety practices.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Knowledgeable of and ability to follow food preparation and safety instructions.
- Working knowledge of kitchen equipment and food production procedures.
- Ability to operate large and small kitchen equipment and tools.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic operations.
- Prepare quality food according to a planned menu of tested, uniform recipes.
- Serve food according to meal schedules, departmental policies, and procedures.
- Practice and promote portion control and proper use of leftovers as instructed.
- Operate tools and equipment according to prescribed safety standards.
- Follow established procedures to meet high standards of cleanliness, health, and safety.
- Keep garbage collection containers and areas neat and sanitary.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- Maintain personal appearance and hygiene.
- Handle and record cashier functions accurately.
- The ability to rotate through multiple work functions within kitchen.
- Help record food requisitions and orders necessary supplies.
- Maintain daily food preparation records.
- Promote teamwork and interaction with fellow staff members.
- Required to attend Food Service Workers Training for certification.
- Supervise storage and handling of food items and supplies. Maintain a clean and organized storage area.
- Possibly relocating to other campuses within hiring area when needed.
- Ability to read and follow recipes.
- Maintains personal appearance and hygiene.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information.
- Reports to work on time every day.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Continual standing, walking, pushing, and pulling.
- Frequent stooping, bending, kneeling, and climbing (ladder/step stool).
- Moderate lifting and carrying.
- Moderated exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- Constant fast-paced work environment.
- Lift/carry 10-40 pounds frequently.
- Pushing/pulling 10-20 pounds frequently.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Job Location Information:
City: San Antonio
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately searching for Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is likely one of the hardest jobs these days. Typically, you will have no clue where or what to search for within the job market. The good factor is that you are not by yourself. There are several people available in the market who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a commercial center will also be easy if you already know the place to begin. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed below are guidelines that can assist you find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are an improbable and commonly overlooked hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms usually supply vital coaching, belongings, and methods for task seekers. These firms will also be in particular useful for younger job seekers or those with little running enjoy. A easy Internet test for job firms for your areamust uncover the place and get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many firms select to have their positions dispatched via temporal agencies. The top objective for that is to save money on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise give companies the way in which of screening applicants. Employment products and services can commonly be a sooner and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company may likewise turn out to be into an enduring process for the individuals who carry out neatly all through their working.
3. Free job look products and services
This can be a waste of cash whilst money is now tight within the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job finding websites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It’s smarter to use the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.