Hiring Organization / Company: Idea Public Schools
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that’s 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA’s co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Tampa Bay, FL (2021), and Jacksonville, FL (2022)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video.
About San Antonio
San Antonio is the nation’s 7th largest city and boasts the highest rate of population growth across the U.S. As the San Antonio region continues to grow rapidly, IDEA is committed to increasing our community presence to provide the best educational experience for all families and children.
In May 2019, we welcomed our region’s first graduating seniors. We believe through the hard work of our passionate IDEA Team & Family; college acceptance and matriculation can be realized. Currently, 1 in 6 San Antonio students' graduate college ready. Changing this statistic for the better is part of the promise IDEA makes to current and incoming students.
Join our IDEA San Antonio family as we are poised to serve over 20,000 students at 30 schools in the region by 2022.
The Health Aide is primarily responsible for providing health services to students, conducting state-mandated screenings, maintaining 100% immunization state compliance and maintaining accurate files. The School Health Aide is responsible for leading the campus clinic on his/her own, serving a campus with up to 1,600 students enrolled. The school Health Aide is also responsible for promoting health education and preventative health practices for students.
All clinic staff report directly to the campus Assistant Principal of Operations (APO) All medical and compliance for the district is directed to the Director of Health and Wellness.
- Health Services
- Provide direct care utilizing professional triage skills, basic care, and established school health protocols.
- Manage campus clinic independently which can serve up to 1,500 students.
- Serve as a health advocate for students.
- Notify parents of accidents or illnesses and secure medical care for students in emergency cases.
- Coordinate management system to administer medications to students at school.
- Establish and implement effective procedures for mandatory screening programs. Make referrals as necessary.
Serve as a health liaison between school, physicians, parents, and community.
- Assess student problems and make appropriate referrals working with students, teachers, parents, and medical and health care professionals, as needed.
- Participate in health-related school committees focused on student health and wellness.
- Collaborate with other professionals regarding implementation of health-related Individual Education Plan (IEP) items.
- Participate in assessment and reporting of suspected child abuse.
- Make home visits to help with student health problems as necessary with permission of principal.
- Communicate regularly with the Assistant Principal of Operations, regional health services manager, school counselor, teachers, parents, food services staff, and other staff regarding health services issues.
Collect, review and enter immunization records. Ensure records are compliant within first 30 days of school and remain compliant throughout the school year.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and electronic reports, records, and other documents required, including clinic visits, student action plans, doctor’s orders, etc.
- Request supplies and equipment needed to maintain clinic inventory.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state laws, Texas Department of Health rule, State Board of Education rule, and board policy in health services area.
- Report potential health and safety hazards to the campus Assistant Principal of Operations.
- Comply with all district and campus routines and regulations.
Maintain certification as a CNA or RMA, maintain certification in CPR/First Aid as well as certification as state-approved vision, hearing, spinal, and AN health screener.
- Model behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible.
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- High School diploma or GED (required)
- Certified as a Nursing Assistant (CNA) OR a Registered Medical Assistants (RMA) (required)
- Current certification in CPR/AED/ First Aid (required)
- Certified by the Texas Department of State Health Services to conduct vision, hearing, spinal, and AN screenings (preferred)
- Knowledge of basic first aid and cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient keyboarding and electronic file maintenance skills
- Ability to use laptop and software to develop and populate databases and do word processing
- Ability to track, enter, analyze and monitor data
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Ability to manage time, prioritize tasks, and execute toward goals
- 2+ years’ experience in a health-related position required.
- Experience with school-age children preferred.
- Experience maintaining electronic health records preferred.
- Salaries for this role typically fall between $15.43 - $19.29, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications.
Job Location Information:
City: San Antonio
Location: San Antonio, Tx 78224
Date Posted: 2021-07-22
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately searching for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is one of the toughest jobs nowadays. Most often, you will don’t have any clue where or what to look for in the job market. The good thing is that you’re not on your own. There are a number of people in the market who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a business center may also be easy if you know the place to start out. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed here are guidelines that will help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job firms are an implausible and repeatedly overpassed hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms often supply vital training, property, and programs for job seekers. Those firms may also be in particular helpful for younger job seekers or the ones with little operating experience. A easy Web experiment for job firms for your areamust discover where and find out how to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many companies make a choice to have their positions dispatched by means of temporal agencies. The top function for that may be to save cash on consultant benefits like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise give corporations the way of screening candidates. Employment services can recurrently be a sooner and no more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise turn into into a long-lasting process for the people who carry out neatly during their running.
3. Free job look services and products
This can be a waste of money while cash is now tight within the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job searching sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.