Hiring Organization / Company: 3m
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Healthcare Collections Specialist – San Antonio, TX
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 96,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“For more than 30 years at 3M, I’ve seen firsthand how it’s a place where curious, creative and collaborative people thrive and build a rewarding career. As a leader in this company, my goal is to ensure each 3Mer sees and feels the positive impact we’re making around the world” – Mike Roman, chief executive officer and chairman of the board at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
Responsible for research, analysis and resolution of high volume, complex customer accounts receivable, order entry exceptions and disputes involving contractual agreements and non-standard billing agreements with hospitals, group purchasing organizations, nursing homes and miscellaneous medical service providers requiring durable medical equipment and associated peripheral medical supplies.
As a Healthcare Collections Specialist, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
Reviews, analyzes, and reconciles initial Accounts Receivable and Order Entry exceptions and discrepancies to ensure accurate invoicing and prompt payment within 3M+KCI business practice and time sensitive guidelines.
- Performs extended resolution activities on more extensive exceptions and discrepancies including engaging parties such as Finance Department, National Contact Center, Contracts Area and 3M+KCI USA field staff to collect necessary transaction details required to advance the resolution process. Utilizes higher-level knowledge of accounts receivable practices and information systems to identify and remove barriers to account collection.
- Facilitates high volume, extensive professional level verbal and written communications to a broad spectrum of internal and external contacts during all resolution activities operating within strict federal credit guidelines and in full compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley regulatory requirements.
- Researches and verifies all requisite specific transactional information such as contractual stipulations and service dates, initial order entry information, purchase order information, contract information such as price breaks, volume commitment levels, current and actual volume levels.
- Practices continual autonomous decision-making based on knowledge and understanding of a variety of contractual pricing structures. Facilitates independent actions to assure purchasing and activities are within stated contractual guidelines including recognizing and complying with various dynamic and goodwill pricing structures.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma, equivalent, or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution.
- Three (3) years of medical collections experience in a private, public, government or military environment.
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment.
- Analyze and resolve complex A/R discrepancies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic accounting skills.
- PC skills to include use of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Excellent telephone communication skills and customer service skills.
- Demonstrates excellent problem-solving skills and negotiating skills.
- Repetitive keyboarding over 95% of the time and phone usage 60% of the time.
Travel: May include up to 0% domestic/international travel
Relocation Assistance: Relocation is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M. Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties. Pay & Benefits Overview: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/careers-us/working-at-3m/benefits/ 3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Job Location Information:
City: San Antonio
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Date Posted: 2021-07-21
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about looking for Jobs, you will agree that it is one of the toughest jobs in this day and age. Usually, you are going to don’t have any clue where or what to look for in the job market. The good thing is that you’re not by yourself. There are a number of other folks out there who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a industrial center may also be easy if you realize where to begin. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed below are guidelines that can assist you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job firms are an incredible and often lost sight of hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms frequently provide critical training, assets, and programs for task seekers. These firms can also be specifically helpful for young job seekers or the ones with little running experience. A easy Web test for job firms for your areashould uncover the place and how you can get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many firms make a choice to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal companies. The end function for that is to economize on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise supply corporations the best way of screening candidates. Employment products and services can often be a quicker and less daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise change into into a long lasting job for the people who carry out well during their operating.
3. Free job look products and services
It is a waste of cash while money is now tight in the first place. After all, the money you pay for job searching websites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It is smarter to make use of the cash to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.