Hiring Organization / Company: Bexar County
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Under general supervision, is responsible for complex secretarial or clerical duties; prepares complex reports; maintains computerized files; assists with budget preparation; maintains employee personnel records; and performs related duties as required.
- Directly assists with providing department services to other County employees and the general public
- Assists with special projects using independent decision-making and judgment
- Maintains statistics and develops complex reports
- Prepares requisitions and purchase orders, verifies invoices and authorizes vendor payments
- Maintains and updates personnel records such as attendance and worker's compensation
- Assists with budget preparation and other related accounting functions
- Responds to general and complex questions and complaints regarding department or work
- May supervise, lead or train administrative or clerical support personnel
- May develop office administration procedures
- May order and maintain supplies/fixed assets
- May perform general administrative/clerical tasks such as copying, answering telephones and updating/ maintaining files
- May open and distribute mail
- Provides administrative support to the Public Works Administration Division
- Performs primary administrative/clerical tasks such as creating and processing requisitions, ordering and receiving supplies, preparing detailed Excel spreadsheets for financial and inventory control. Responsible for preparing a variety of correspondence utilizing a personal computer
- Maintains time and attendance records
- Additional tasks include creating and maintaining personnel files, fielding telephone calls, copying, receiving and directing visitors, word processing, collects and distributes mail, and cashiering and filing
- Reviews materials for accuracy and will be responsible for making daily deposits
- Performs related duties as required
- Graduation from High School or a General Education development (GED) certificate, and four (4) years administrative experience in an office environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Good knowledge of English spelling, grammar and punctuation; good knowledge of office procedures
- Must be proficient in Excel and Word
- Skill to type 40 words per minute with a maximum of 7 errors
- Skill in performing basic mathematical calculations; skill in operating a personal computer, typewriter and basic office equipment
- Ability to accurately enter data and file information; ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; ability to work independently; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, County employees, and the general public
- Must secure and maintain a favorable background investigation and clearance
- Must clear a pre-employment physical and a pre-employment drug screen test
- Must have and maintain a valid Texas Class C driver's license
- May be required to work more than 40 hours during the workweek
- Constantly working in indoor conditions
- Occasionally moves items weighing up to 10-15 pounds
- Occasionally moves about the office
- Frequently communicates with others; must be able to exchange accurate information
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- Positions self to perform essential functions
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position
We are committed to providing equal opportunity for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Location Information:
City: San Antonio
Location: San Antonio, Tx 78204
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about in search of Jobs, you’ll agree that it is among the toughest jobs nowadays. Most often, you’re going to don’t have any clue the place or what to search for within the job market. The great thing is that you are not on your own. There are a few other folks in the market who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a commercial center can also be easy if you realize where to start. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed below are guidelines to help you find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are a fantastic and often lost sight of hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms often provide important training, assets, and systems for job seekers. These companies will also be particularly helpful for younger job seekers or those with little operating experience. A simple Web scan for job firms for your areamust uncover where and how to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many companies make a selection to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal companies. The tip objective for that is to economize on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise give firms the way of screening candidates. Employment services can frequently be a sooner and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise turn into into a long-lasting task for the people who carry out well throughout their operating.
3. Free job look services and products
It is a waste of money whilst money is now tight within the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job searching sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It is smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.