Hiring Organization / Company: Bexar County
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
- Directly assists with providing department services to other County employees and the general public
- Assists with special projects using independent decision-making and judgment
- Maintains statistics and develops complex reports
- Prepares requisitions and purchase orders, verifies invoices and authorizes vendor payments
- Provides input for changes to department administrative procedures
- Coordinates dictation transcription
- Provides clerical support for special projects
- Schedules appointments, meetings and travel for the County Clerk
- Assists with budget preparation and other related accounting functions
- Responds to general and complex questions and complaints regarding department or work
- May supervise, lead or train administrative or clerical support personnel
- May develop office administration procedures
- May order and maintain supplies/fixed assets
- May perform general administrative/clerical tasks such as copying, answering telephones and updating/ maintaining files
- May open and distribute mail
- Performs related duties as required
- Graduation from High School or a General Education development (GED) certificate, and four (4) years administrative experience in an office environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Good knowledge of English spelling, grammar and punctuation; good knowledge of office procedures
- Skill in performing basic mathematical calculations; skill in operating a personal computer, typewriter and basic office equipment
- Ability to accurately enter data and file information; ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; ability to work independently; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, County employees, and the general public
- Skill to type 55 wpm with no more than 7 errors. Requires recent typing test administered prior to hire (Typing tests may be administered by department, Human Resources or Workforce Solutions Alamo Career Centers)
- Must secure and maintain a favorable background investigation and clearance
- Must clear a pre-employment physical and a pre-employment drug screen test
- May be required to work more than 40 hours during the workweek
- Constantly working in indoor conditions
- Occasionally moves items weighing up to 10-15 pounds
- Occasionally moves about the office
- Frequently communicates with others; must be able to exchange accurate information
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
- Positions self to perform essential functions
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position
Bexar County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to Workplace Diversity.
We are committed to providing equal opportunity for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Location Information:
City: San Antonio
Location: San Antonio, Tx 78204
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately looking for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is without doubt one of the hardest jobs nowadays. Usually, you’re going to don’t have any clue the place or what to look for within the job market. The great thing is that you’re not alone. There are a number of folks available in the market who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a business center will also be easy if you already know the place to start. Before you start your job searching procedure, here are tips that can assist you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are an implausible and frequently lost sight of hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms usually provide essential coaching, belongings, and systems for process seekers. These firms can be in particular helpful for younger job seekers or those with little running enjoy. A easy Internet scan for job firms in your areashould uncover the place and the way to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations make a choice to have their positions dispatched via temporal agencies. The end objective for that may be to save money on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise supply firms the way of screening applicants. Employment services and products can repeatedly be a faster and not more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise turn out to be into a long-lasting task for the individuals who perform well all the way through their working.
3. Free job look products and services
It is a waste of money when money is now tight within the first place. After all, the money you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to make use of the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.