Hiring Organization / Company: Full Spectrum Er And Urgent Care
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
All duties involved in the medical receptionist position, including but not limited to, answering the telephone; helping patients with questions; adding patients into the medical record system; and, assisting the patient with any and all paperwork s needed. Working is a very fast-paced ER/UC hybrid.
- Greets patients; assists new patients with completion of registration forms; explains any delays or interruption in the schedule to patients, i.e. patient wait times
- Answers all calls timely and with courtesy; documents accurate and detailed messages; provides general information to patients
- Routinely demonstrates superior customer service skills.
- Communicates with customers in a courteous, professional, cooperative and mature manner.
- Enters new patient information, including insurance information, accurately into the billing system
- Files all information into medical record system as directed or assigned
- Collects all copays/deductible/co-insurance payments from patients
- Gives receipts to patients for all monies collected
- Batches credit card receipts and runs report from credit card machine daily
- Logs monies collected on pegboard or collection system provided; copies all checks and other payments; gives all logs to manager at end of day
- Verifies patients’ insurance and copay amounts as needed
- Picks up and sorts mail and faxes as directed by manager
- Maintains cleanliness of front desk and waiting room area on a daily basis
- Assists with training new employees and cross-coverage training.
- Provides back up for other staff members as needed.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to violent/abusive situations, bomb threats, fire and emergency situations.
- Accurately takes messages and conveys information to recipient.
- Protects patient confidentiality per policies and procedures.
- Observes and practices confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Scans information into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) System.
- Assures batches are sent on time and correct (medical and encounter batches).
- Categorizes, dates and labels loose medical documents.
- Demonstrates the ability to collect medical office charges, post charges to patient accounts and accurately manage cash drawer
- Accurately reconciles charges for the day.
- Accurately prepares daily deposits.
- Correctly prepares daily batch reports/encounters for Finance Department.
- Investigates and accounts for missing encounter forms.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Position Qualifications *
High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1 year experience working in a physician’s office preferred.
- Ability to greet and effectively relate to patients, physicians and staff.
- Ability to learn a variety of skills.
- Demonstrated computer and clerical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly, orally and in writing.
- Presents oneself in a professional manner through appearance and conduct.
May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases. Occasional exposure to unpleasant patient or unit elements. Exposed to housekeeping/cleaning agents/chemicals. Contact with patients under a wide variety of circumstances. Subject to varying and unpredictable situations. May perform emergency care. Subject to many interruptions. Occasionally subjected to irregular hours. Some travel required. Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries. Handles absentee replacement on short notice.
Moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 lbs.). Occasional prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking. Occasionally lifts, positions, pushes and/or transfers patients. Occasionally lifts supplies/equipment. Manual dexterity and mobility. Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
We are a COVID-19 testing facility
- Multiple locations
Job Location Information:
City: San Antonio
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately in search of Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is without doubt one of the toughest jobs at the moment. Usually, you’ll have no clue the place or what to look for within the job market. The great thing is that you’re not on your own. There are a couple of other people out there who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a commercial center can also be easy if the place to start. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed below are guidelines that will help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are an out of this world and repeatedly overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms repeatedly provide vital training, assets, and systems for task seekers. These corporations can also be in particular useful for young job seekers or the ones with little running enjoy. A simple Internet scan for job firms for your areamust uncover the place and methods to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many companies choose to have their positions dispatched via temporal agencies. The tip function for that is to save money on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise provide corporations the way of screening applicants. Employment services and products can often be a faster and not more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company might likewise turn into into a long lasting activity for the people who perform neatly right through their operating.
3. Free job look services
It is a waste of money whilst cash is now tight within the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job finding sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to use the cash to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.