Hiring Organization / Company: Bexar County
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Under direct supervision, is responsible for answering question in person and via telephone, preparing and imaging legal documents; performing data entry; preparing copies of official documents; preparing billing statements; cashiering customer transactions; processing mail; and performing related duties as required
- Answers questions in person and by telephone, responds to inquiries and refers calls to other departments as appropriate
- Examines documents to be scanned for legibility and sufficient recording and indexing information
- Adjusts scanning equipment to correct optical settings for exposure, density, and resolution
- Scans documents and monitors screen image to ensure proper recording
- Performs quality assurance on scanned and e-filed documents
- Performs research on active and inactive case files
- Performs data entry to initiate, update, and close case files of services such as protective and restraining orders, and withholding orders
- Prepares billing statements for copies and other services performed for the general public and routes to cashier
- Cashiers receipts and billing statement transactions
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail
- Makes plain, certified, and exemplified copies of legal documents
- Performs general clerical duties
- Performs related duties as required
- Graduation from High School or General Education Development (GED) certificate; and two (2) years general office experience; additional education in a related field may be substituted for experience
- Knowledge of basic office procedures; and knowledge of alphabetic and numeric file systems
- Skill in operating a personal computer, imaging equipment, and basic office equipment
- Ability to accurately enter data; ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; ability to deal with hostile or irrational individuals; ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions; ability to effectively respond to customer inquiries and complaints; ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with co-workers, other County employees, attorneys and the general public; ability to accurately collect cash; ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Acts in the name of the District Clerk and shall perform all official acts as may be lawfully done and performed by such Clerk in person, pursuant to Section 51.303 of the Texas Government Code
- Must be bondable
- Must have legible penmanship
- Must secure and maintain a favorable background investigation by the District Clerk
- Must secure and maintain a pre-employment physical and pre-employment drug screen
- May be required to work more than 40 hours during the workweek
- Constantly working in indoor conditions
- Occasionally moves items weighing up to 10-15 pounds
- Position frequently communicates with others; must be able to exchange accurate information
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Position needs to occasionally move about the office
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Location Information:
City: San Antonio
Location: San Antonio, Tx 78204
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about on the lookout for Jobs, you’ll agree that it is likely one of the toughest jobs in this day and age. Generally, you will have no clue the place or what to look for in the job market. The good thing is that you’re not by yourself. There are a couple of other folks available in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center can also be simple if you realize the place to start. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed here are tips to help you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are an implausible and usually overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms recurrently supply essential training, assets, and methods for task seekers. Those firms will also be particularly useful for young job seekers or those with little working experience. A easy Web experiment for job firms on your areamust discover the place and easy methods to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many firms choose to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal agencies. The tip purpose for that may be to save money on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise provide companies the way of screening applicants. Employment services and products can often be a quicker and no more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise change into into an enduring process for the individuals who perform neatly during their working.
3. Free job look services
This can be a waste of money whilst money is now tight within the first place. Of course, the cash you pay for job finding websites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It is smarter to use the cash to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.