Hiring Organization / Company: Idea Public Schools
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that’s 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA’s co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Tampa Bay, FL (2021), and Jacksonville, FL (2022)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video.
About San Antonio
San Antonio is the nation’s 7th largest city and boasts the highest rate of population growth across the U.S. As the San Antonio region continues to grow rapidly, IDEA is committed to increasing our community presence to provide the best educational experience for all families and children.
In May 2019, we welcomed our region’s first graduating seniors. We believe through the hard work of our passionate IDEA Team & Family; college acceptance and matriculation can be realized. Currently, 1 in 6 San Antonio students' graduate college ready. Changing this statistic for the better is part of the promise IDEA makes to current and incoming students.
Join our IDEA San Antonio family as we are poised to serve over 20,000 students at 30 schools in the region by 2022.
Role Mission: The mission for the Registrar is to achieve 97.5% average daily attendance, 100% enrollment, maintain 100% data accuracy and 100% compliance with IDEA’s attendance procedures. The Registrar organizes all of the campus operation tasks with key stakeholders and executes campus operation processes that bind to our student information system (PowerSchool).
97.50% ADA for Academy & College Prep
- Owns the attendance process for College Prep students
- Works with students, staff and parents to ensure students attend school every day
- Communicates attendance reporting to staff, including: Chronic absenteeism, Progress Towards Goal by Day, Absence calculator
- Documents all attendance changes and corrects attendance data within 24 hours
- Ensure teacher attendance submission is in line with official attendance taking time
- Ensures all paper rosters are signed and dated (if applicable)
- Ensures all attendance report submissions are submitted on time
100% Projected Enrollment for Academy & College Prep
- Paper attendance and student enrollment reconciliation processes solidified two weeks prior to school
- Enrollment goal is consistently hit every week after the first week of school
100% of Student Records received by the First Week of School (FWOS)
- Student records are requested timely from other districts
- All records requests fulfilled within 10 days
- All PEIMS deadlines are met based on the SIS operating calendar
- Increase awareness and provide consistent communication with all key stakeholders (PEIMS Data Quality Team – including Academic Counselor, ELL Coordinator, 504 Coordinator, and Cafeteria Manager)
- Increase awareness with key stakeholders (including ELL Coordinator, 504 Coordinator, HQ SPED Clerk and SPED teachers)
- 25% of cumulative folders completed by September, 50% by October, and 75% by November
- Grade Verification, Re-registration, End of Year tasks, PET/PID, School and Section Enrollment Audits, Transcripts are completed timely and accurately
100% of Existing Students Registered by May 1
- Works closely with parents and business partners to ensure that parents are able to re-register through appropriate channels
Campus safe and operational one week before the first day of school
- Create paper rosters for the official attendance taking period (OATP)
- Verify enrollment numbers prior to the daily enrollment call
- If enrollment numbers are not met, create a plan to address the gap
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Mission Focus – focuses on IDEA’s core purpose of getting all students into college
- Record of Results – holds high expectations for self and others to achieve and surpass intended goals
- Problem Solving – able to synthesize, analyze, and prioritize data and opportunities to develop strategies for achieving quantifiable goals
- Communication – effectively conveys information using a variety of channels and techniques
- Continuous Improvement – proactively identifies opportunities to improve and consistently reflects on past actions to guide future decisions
- Education: HS diploma or GED required
- Experience: Experience with records or student information desired
- Salaries for this role typically fall between $16.96-$21.20, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications.
Job Location Information:
City: San Antonio
Location: San Antonio, Tx 78239
Date Posted: 2021-07-22
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about looking for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is likely one of the toughest jobs this present day. Generally, you’re going to have no clue where or what to look for in the job market. The great factor is that you’re not alone. There are a number of folks in the market who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a industrial center can be simple if you already know the place to begin. Before you start your job looking procedure, here are guidelines that can assist you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are an unbelievable and regularly lost sight of hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms repeatedly supply vital coaching, belongings, and systems for process seekers. Those firms will also be particularly helpful for younger job seekers or those with little operating revel in. A simple Web experiment for job firms for your areashould discover where and get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many firms select to have their positions dispatched via temporal companies. The tip purpose for that may be to save cash on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise supply corporations the way of screening applicants. Employment products and services can frequently be a faster and not more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise become into a long lasting activity for the individuals who carry out neatly throughout their operating.
3. Free job look products and services
This is a waste of money while money is now tight in the first place. After all, the money you pay for job finding sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It’s smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.