Hiring Organization / Company: Army Transition Assistant Program
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Army Transition Assistance Program (TAP) exists to provide members of the Armed Forces with the highest quality of services, training, and transition support to make their transition from the military into civilian life a success.
The Soldier Family Assistance Counselor (SFAC) is the TAP Center's principal provider of services to transitioning Service Members and their Family Members. The SFAC complies with the instructions of the Contract Installation Manager (CIM) to perform tasks in accordance with the Performance Work Statement (PWS). SFAC Counselors must have the flexibility to work non-standard hours as needed to properly serve and assist clients. Counselors rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. SFAC Counselors provide the same services as the Transition Counselors; however, the services are tailored to all Integrated Disability Evaluation System (IDES) clients authorized to receive services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide individual counseling for personal interaction enabling users to ask questions, seek clarification and obtain assistance resulting in an Individual Transition Plan (ITP).
- Schedule, set-up classroom, announce and plan local briefings.
- Coordinate Department of Labors (DOL) Employment Workshops and VA Benefits Briefings as required to meet the needs of the Soldiers.
- Provide Transition Briefing for clients with required information regarding available transition services and eligibility requirements for transition benefits.
- Notify the eligible Soldiers of the required pre-separation counseling.
- Conduct individual counseling.
- Develop an ITP.
- Develop a résumé of choice (federal or private sector).
- Discuss and develop individual transition goals.
- Provide counseling about continuum of service.
- Provide follow-on counseling and assist in completing the deliverable for the Soldier’s gap analysis.
- Identify, schedule, and conduct TAP employment assistance workshops as well as conduct regional outreach, pre-separation counseling and assistance.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution accepted with additional experience (below).
- Experience requirements:
- Must have 2+ years career counseling, education, or related experience.
- And one of the following criteria must be met:
** 2 years of experience in Military lifestyle through personal and/or professional experience with Military
personnel and Military Family members
** If non-military, 4 years of experience in counseling
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer services skills required.
- Must be able to assess client needs.
- Must be able to conduct individual and small group training.
- Individual must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within TAP.
- Applicants must successfully undergo a background investigation (National Agency Check)
- Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Experience with software packages such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Master’s degree in Training and Development, HR Management, Counseling, or related field from an accredited
- In-depth understanding about the Military culture and the Command structure.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting program evaluations and use of customer feedback to improve overall
- Working knowledge of the TAP program.
- Working knowledge of government chain of command and transition policies.
- Working knowledge of change management principles.
- Curriculum development experience.
- Experience working with the military or with the government’s Transition Assistance Program.
San Antonio TX
Job Location Information:
City: San Antonio
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Date Posted: 2021-07-22
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about in search of Jobs, you will agree that it is without doubt one of the hardest jobs this present day. In most cases, you’ll have no clue where or what to search for in the job market. The good thing is that you are not by yourself. There are a few other folks available in the market who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a commercial center can be simple if you recognize the place to begin. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed here are tips that can assist you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are a fantastic and usually lost sight of hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms regularly provide important coaching, belongings, and techniques for job seekers. These firms will also be in particular helpful for younger job seekers or those with little working revel in. A easy Web scan for job firms in your areashould discover where and the way to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many companies make a choice to have their positions dispatched via temporal agencies. The top function for that may be to save cash on consultant benefits like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise supply corporations the best way of screening candidates. Employment products and services can repeatedly be a sooner and no more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company may likewise change into into a long-lasting process for the people who carry out smartly all over their running.
3. Free job look products and services
This is a waste of cash when cash is now tight within the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.