Hiring Organization / Company: Army Transition Assistant Program
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Army Transition Assistance Program (TAP) exists to provide members of the Armed Forces with the highest quality of services, training, and transition support to make their transition from the military into civilian life a success.
The Transition Counselor is the TAP Center's principal provider of services to transitioning Service Members and their Family Members. The Transition Counselor complies with the instructions of the Contract Installation Manager (CIM) to perform tasks in accordance with the Performance Work Statement (PWS). Transition Counselors must have the flexibility to work non-standard hours as needed to properly serve and assist clients. Counselors rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide individual counseling for personal interaction enabling users to ask questions, seek clarification and obtain assistance resulting in an Individual Transition Plan (ITP).
- Schedule, set-up classroom, announce and plan local briefings.
- Coordinate Department of Labors (DOL) Employment Workshops and VA Benefits Briefings as required to meet the needs of the Soldiers.
- Provide Transition Briefing for clients with required information regarding available transition services and eligibility requirements for transition benefits.
- Notify the eligible Soldiers of the required pre-separation counseling.
- Conduct individual counseling.
- Develop an ITP.
- Develop a résumé of choice (federal or private sector).
- Discuss and develop individual transition goals.
- Provide counseling about continuum of service.
- Provide follow-on counseling and assist in completing the deliverable for the Soldier’s gap analysis.
- Identify, schedule, and conduct TAP employment assistance workshops as well as conduct regional outreach, pre-separation counseling and assistance.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution accepted with additional experience.
- Experience requirements:
- Must have 2+ years career counseling, education, or related experience.
- And one of the following criteria must be met:
** 2 years of experience in Military lifestyle through personal and/or professional experience with Military
personnel and Military Family members
** If non-military, 4 years of experience in counseling
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer services skills required.
- Must be able to assess client needs.
- Must be able to conduct individual and small group training.
- Individual must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within TAP.
- Applicants must successfully undergo a background investigation (National Agency Check)
- Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Experience with software packages such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Master’s degree in Training and Development, HR Management, Counseling, or related field from an accredited institution.
- In-depth understanding about the Military culture and the Command structure.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting program evaluations and use of customer feedback to improve overall program effectiveness/impact.
- Working knowledge of the TAP program.
- Working knowledge of government chain of command and transition policies.
- Working knowledge of change management principles.
- Curriculum development experience.
- Experience working with the military or with the government’s Transition Assistance Program.
San Antonio TX
Job Location Information:
City: San Antonio
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Date Posted: 2021-07-22
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately on the lookout for Jobs, you will agree that it is without doubt one of the hardest jobs at the moment. Typically, you will have no clue where or what to look for in the job market. The good factor is that you’re not alone. There are several folks in the market who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a business center may also be simple if you realize the place to start. Before you start your job looking procedure, here are tips that can assist you find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are a fantastic and usually overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms frequently supply vital training, assets, and methods for process seekers. These corporations can also be particularly useful for younger job seekers or the ones with little running revel in. A simple Web experiment for job firms in your areamust discover the place and tips on how to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many corporations make a choice to have their positions dispatched by temporal companies. The top objective for that is to save cash on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise give firms the way of screening candidates. Employment services can usually be a sooner and not more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise become into a long lasting process for the people who carry out neatly right through their running.
3. Free job look services and products
This is a waste of money whilst cash is now tight within the first place. In fact, the cash you pay for job searching websites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.